Eating Disorder Awareness Week 2016
We’re very excited to share some of Hopewell’s plans for Eating Disorder Awareness Week (EDAW) 2016:
- #EDAWHunt2016: Join us through the week on Twitter and Facebook, starting February 1st for our Twitter Scavenger Hunt! We’ll be asking you to post some of your favourite positive body image resources as well as inviting you to learn more about eating disorders. You can participate as many times as you like each day, the more you do the more chance you will have to win one of our daily draw prizes, including items from David’s Tea, PureYoga, Ottawa Bluesfest and more! Just be sure to include the hashtag in your responses every time! And for Facebook, be sure to post your answers on this event page!
- EDAW Podcast series: we’ll be posting a new one each day at lunch time! Here’s the first:
- Saturday, February 6th join us at our wrap-up event at Pressed, featuring Kira-Lynn aka Young K The Mayor of Ottawa with Halifax Rap Legend Jesse Dangerously
- Elevate Yoga and Moksha Yoga Orleans will be donating their February charity classes to Hopewell; it’s a great opportunity to do some wonderful yoga, and support Hopewell at the same time!
- We encourage you to be creative and help raise awareness this week too, and want to help you do so! Here’s a handy guide to help: EDAW Resources Package 2016
- Put up our EDAW 2016 poster: Revolution – 2016 EDAW
- Change your FaceBook badge to:
"This self-help group has been a really important step in my recovery.”
“This binge eating group helps me save a small piece of me every week and it’s offering me the opportunity to feel safe and loved.”
“I had wanted support in a group setting for many years, and finally got it. I hope this support community continues to grow and touch others lives like it did mine.”