Volunteers are a key Hopewell resource.
Volunteers have always been an essential part of the Hopewell team. Without the talents, time and expertise of our excellent and energetic volunteers, Hopewell would simply not be able to function. We are very grateful for all that they do to support our work.
We are fortunate to have a dependable network of volunteers filling a number of positions, but we are always seeking new applicants. Our needs vary depending on the time of year and our specific requirements at the time. From time to time we need writers, graphic designers, fundraisers, presenters, researchers, committee members and volunteers for Eating Disorder Awareness Week events, and others.
To apply for any position please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.
Please note that our volunteer roles are not direct client service opportunities unless otherwise noted.
We are currently looking for:
Hopewell’s success depends entirely on its volunteers. To demonstrate our commitment to the vital role volunteers play in achieving our mission, Hopewell has adopted the Canadian Code for Volunteer Involvement.
In support of our programs and people, Hopewell will:
- Ensure that its policies are consistent with national and provincial human rights codes
- Follow consistent recruitment and screening protocols for all volunteers, including reference checks
- Protect the best interests of our clients by requiring that all volunteers sign a confidentiality agreement
- Select volunteers on the basis of actual requirements and skill levels
- Include volunteers as equal members of the team, offering them ongoing support and training, while working collaboratively with them
- Incorporate volunteers in the program planning process
- Provide written descriptions of volunteer roles including duties, responsibilities, skills and time required to do the work
- Assess and minimize the level of risk for all volunteer assignments
- Keep personal volunteer information secure
- Offer volunteers an opportunity to give and receive feedback about their involvement with Hopewell
- Ensure that volunteers are recognized for their efforts
"This self-help group has been a really important step in my recovery.”
“This binge eating group helps me save a small piece of me every week and it’s offering me the opportunity to feel safe and loved.”
“I had wanted support in a group setting for many years, and finally got it. I hope this support community continues to grow and touch others lives like it did mine.”